https://x.com/MarioNawfal/status/2091847991019938248

A 2010 interview in The Guardian caused international outrage when an Iranian woman claimed she was set to be stoned to death by the regime.
Just one problem... that interview never happened.
That's what the author himself now claims, and the article has STILL not been taken down, 16 years later.
Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani's story went viral at the time, leading even to diplomatic efforts to prevent her supposed execution.
Iran assured the French FM, and others, that she was "enjoying full health," and that reports were false.
The author stated more recently: "I want to come clean about a front-page story I wrote for The Guardian, published on 07 August 2010.
It was presented as an exclusive interview with Sakineh Ashtiani. That interview never happened. I fabricated the entire piece."
Nevertheless, the article remains online.
It's worth noting that death by stoning IS legally prescribed under Iran's Islamic Penal Code.
However, this particular story appears to be FALSE.
Source: The Guardian, FotrosResistancee (TG) / Writer: Michael
https://x.com/MarioNawfal/status/2091847991019938248
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home