Monday, 17 August 2026

Let's be precise about what "strategic patience" means, because it is consistently misread as passivity.

 https://x.com/nxt888/status/2089090541803950590

Sony Thăng
Let's be precise about what "strategic patience" means, because it is consistently misread as passivity. Strategic patience means: I know what I am building, I know how long it will take, I know what provocations are designed to make me abandon the timeline, and I am not going to abandon it because someone called me weak. Ali Khamenei was called weak for decades. The Iranian nuclear program survived. The missile program survived. The regional influence network survived. The alliance with Hezbollah, with the Houthis, with Iraqi factions survived. Not because Iran won every confrontation. Because Iran chose which confrontations to have and which to absorb, repeatedly refused to be baited into an all-out war on its adversaries' preferred timetable, and kept building its position while the people calling it weak were posting about its weakness. Xi has been called weak for not retaliating against every American provocation over Taiwan, over trade, over technology restrictions. Meanwhile China builds its third aircraft carrier, expands its nuclear deterrent, completes the Belt and Road projects, integrates its payment systems, and waits. Waits with the full understanding that a patient nation with a strong foundation and a long horizon will outlast an impatient empire in accelerating decline. Being called weak by people who want you to act on their emotional timeline is not a problem. It is almost a confirmation that you are doing something right.

https://x.com/nxt888/status/2089090541803950590

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home