You've claimed that Maduro had an international arrest warrant. Yes. You've said he was charged by the International Criminal Court in The Hague. You said he had an Interpol arrest warrant. None of that is true. You've literally made it all up.
https://x.com/majfud/status/2103560134194544958
Translated from Spanish
MEHADI HASAN:
You've claimed that Maduro had an international arrest warrant. Yes. You've said he was charged by the International Criminal Court in The Hague. You said he had an Interpol arrest warrant. None of that is true. You've literally made it all up.
VANESSA NEUMANN (“Venezuelan diplomat, entrepreneur, writer, and political theorist”):
What?
MEHADI HASAN:
Which of those things are true?
VANESSA NEUMANN:
What? Interpol? Well, he's being sought.
MEHADI HASAN:
He's not being sought by Interpol. There's no Interpol notice for Maduro; we checked.
VANESSA NEUMANN:
Ah, okay. Fine. Well, but there is a...
MEHADI HASAN:
And he wasn't charged by the International Criminal Court. Netanyahu was. Putin was. Maduro wasn't.
VANESSA NEUMANN:
He's under investigation.
MEHADI HASAN:
So are several governments being investigated by the ICC. That doesn't mean you can just drag them out of bed. I love the imagery. Could you...? A lot of people would love the image of kidnapping Benjamin Netanyahu if you're into that.
VANESSA NEUMANN:
I'm not here to talk about Netanyahu.
MEHADI HASAN:
No, but you're talking about international law. And I'm asking, for consistency's sake, do you support other countries doing the same to other leaders who actually are dictators? Unlike Maduro. Netanyahu had an arrest warrant.
VANESSA NEUMANN:
Sure. Well, I think if they're dictators who murder, oppress, and torture their own people, who weren't elected and who defy elections, then yes, it's fair. Let them arrest the dictators.
MEHADI HASAN:
Only the dictators. Not people with ICC arrest warrants like Benjamin Netanyahu…
VANESSA NEUMANN:
Well, I don't know. I'm not here to...
MEHADI HASAN:
Why do you get so shy when we talk about Netanyahu?
VANESSA NEUMANN:
No, I don't know. It's too close. They annihilate the dictators.
MEHADI HASAN:
I mean, here's a guy with an arrest warrant. Why not arrest him? Well... You said Maduro was convicted by the ICC. He wasn't. Netanyahu was. He's under investigation. And also by the Human Rights Council.
VANESSA NEUMANN:
Hold on. Anyone investigated by the ICC can be arrested. That's your law of the jungle.
MEHADI HASAN:
No, that's not my law of the jungle. I'm repeating what I told you. Why did you say Maduro was charged when he wasn't? That's not true. Can we at least agree on that?
VANESSA NEUMANN:
Well, I don't know. I guess I was wrong. I don't know.
MEHADI HASAN:
So you were wrong to say there was an international arrest warrant. You were wrong to say...
VANESSA NEUMANN:
No, there was definitely an international arrest warrant from the United States and supported by other countries.
MEHADI HASAN:
That's not an international arrest. Any country can tell anyone that. Many other countries supported it too. That's not how international law works.
Rate this translation:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home