Monday, 20 July 2026

Perhaps greed, power, and control are keeping us from understanding our place in the universe.

 https://x.com/Sufjan_Fannin/status/2078933312262066499

I remember watching this segment when I was a kid and thinking, “I see the evidence of what Carl is speaking about here.” As I’ve gotten older, and every time I’ve watched it since then, I understand him a little more. I see the possibility of a humanity stunted by rituals, outdated traditions, and flawed ideological constructs that depend on the exploitation of mankind. I see us prioritizing greed and individual gain in the name of instincts inherited from a more primitive past, rather than pursuing the liberation of the mind. Despite all our technological and intellectual advancements, I see us doubling down on archaic systems that keep us divided, distracted, and suffering unnecessarily. Perhaps our fear of change is part of what makes these patterns so difficult to escape. Perhaps our instinctive impulses are only a small part of our story. Perhaps greed, power, and control are keeping us from understanding our place in the universe. Perhaps part of our purpose is to recognize what keeps us divided and steer ourselves in a better direction: toward curiosity, consciousness, freedom, and a mind no longer, as Sagan might put it, fundamentally at war with itself.

https://x.com/Sufjan_Fannin/status/2078933312262066499

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home