Tuesday 25 September 2012

natural genius exists. english is not the be all and end all there

 Raghubir Singh may have had a point.  Natural genius does exist. 

 One does not have to be educated in an English teaching school .  English is not the be all and end all there.  .  Here is the counterpoint  to prove a point . 


 “I didn’t go to a film school. Cinematography, like art, cannot be taught. Someone can teach you techniques but unless you have it in you, you cannot shoot,” he says. Over the years, he developed his own technique: “My first priority is to arrive at a balance between light and shade and then work on colours. Cinematography should bring out the natural beauty in actors. Look how gorgeous Ileana is in Barfi!”


He worked as an office boy, car and bike mechanic and did other odd jobs before he became an assistant director and cinematographer. At one point, he even attempted suicide. Not wanting to dwell on that phase of his life, he says, “During those troubled years, I discovered my love for photography. The only photograph I had of my mother was out of focus. I was 13 when I got my first salary. I didn’t have my parents to share the happiness. I remembered my mother’s blurred photograph and purchased a camera so that I could take pictures. Life has taught me a lot,”

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/dream-catcher/article3931952.ece?homepage=true

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home